Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Winter 2008 NEWS


For the last 3 months I have been involved in a leadership training program called the Galilee Project. Its aim is to develop quality servant leaders for the Nations. During the Galilee Project we raised money and went on a “Mobile trip,” aimed to mobilize young people to do something extraordinary for God with their lives. Our team of 12 split up in to two teams; one went to California, and the other went to Washington. We met back up in Colorado for the “GO Conference”. The objective of the California team was to tell students in Universities about missions and how they can change the world. The Washington team empowered people to help stop injustice around the world, while also helping out in the local area.

I was on the Washington team. On the trip, I spoke at a youth group on the importance of missions. One thing that I kept coming back to was a statistic that really hit me in the face and it’s that 1/3 of the world’s population (about 2 billion people) has never heard the name of Jesus even once. However, only .2% of the world’s population are Christian and reaching out to the unreached. This fact really scares me! I ask myself what are we doing about this as Christians? How are we doing on the “Great Commission”? So I am now looking at this problem wondering how I can solve it.

In turn, I have made it my goal to see that number be 0 by the end of my lifetime! I am not playing around any more, it is time for me and my generation to take our place in history and finish the “Great Commission” at ALL costs.

So in this next season of life when I am staffing the DTS in Arkansas I am going to take it full force and do what I can with what I have. Will you join me in doing the same?

Blessing to you from our Lord God Almighty,


7119 Mountain View Dr, Ozark, Ar 72949 bigmikegervasi@gmail.com 951-858-2675 www.mikeywam.blogspot.com